Brand g Vacations is proud to offer an LGBT+, inclusive, guaranteed full ship charter cruise through the Panama Canal, an experience unlike any you’ll find on any other cruise ship.
Brand G have chartered the Royal Clipper, the largest and only five-masted, full-rigged sailing ship. With a complement of 42 sails, the Royal Clipper is a splendid sight to behold. Experience the informal elegance, culinary delights, and gracious service in the intimacy of 227 LGBT+ friends.
This cruise departs from Panama City, Panama. The main attraction here is, of course, the Panama Canal, considered by many the eighth wonder of the world. The Panama Canal is a 48-mile-long corridor that connects the Atlantic Ocean (via the Caribbean Sea) to the Pacific Ocean.The canal cuts across the Isthmus of Panama and is a key conduit for international maritime trade. On your Panama Canal cruise, join other passengers on the decks as a canal historian explains the workings of the locks and points out sights along the way.
The cruise ends in Oranjestad, Aruba. The island is a surprising mix of soft, white-sand beaches and desert; Dutch heritage and influences from nearby Venezuela.
Laugh. Dance. Smile. Relax on this unforgettable adventure of the senses.
The Royal Clipper boasts state-of-the-art navigation systems and every comfort and luxury one could wish for. For connoisseurs of sail cruising, the 439 foot Royal Clipper offers the ultimate sea-going experience, balancing the grandeur, adventure and tradition of sailing with the superb service, amenities and accommodations of the finest modern yacht. Royal Clipper carries just 227 guests in luxurious style.
Find your secret hideaway on one of the hidden balconies on either side of the bow. Or climb the mast (with safety harness provided) to one of the passenger lookout crows-nests, thoughtfully furnished with a comfortable settee, where you’ll have the grandest view of all!
Royal Clipper’s interior spaces are just as dazzling. They include a three-deck atrium that funnels sunlight into the elegantly appointed, three-level dining room featuring open-seating dining, deliciously prepared cuisine and a no-tie dress code.
Your ship’s accommodations are thoughtfully designed, featuring: private bathrooms, air conditioning, hair dryers, private safe, television, DVD player and nightly turn-down service. Cabins are equipped with 220-volt outlets, plus a 110-volt shaver outlet. Bring a converter if you need to use U.S. appliances which are not dual voltage.
The Royal Clipper offers a large number of activities to her guests. But, the real icing on the cake are all of the extra touches provided by Brand g along with the comfort you can only find in the environment of an all-gay and lesbian vacation.
The chefs aboard the Royal Clipper transform ordinary dining into an extraordinary treat. And you’re free to dine when and with whomever you wish—including the sailors, which is also very appetizing.
Every morning you can nibble on a continental breakfast with delicious muffins and rolls or feast on a full breakfast with fruit, bacon and omelets made to order.
For lunch there’s a marvelous buffet of seafood, salads and grilled favorites. And when evening comes, our elegantly appointed dining room becomes the setting for the chef’s finest culinary presentations, designed to please the eye and the palate, and complimented by a selection of equally fine wines.
- Ocean swimming from the ship’s Marina platform
- Fitness room
- Three swimming pools with salt or fresh water
- Jacuzzis to keep the muscles relaxed
- Hair salon, massage room and skin and body treatment center
- The Piano Lounge – A perfect place to listen to music, have a cocktail or do a little dancing.
- Tropical Bar – On the main deck this indoor-outdoor bar has a long marble and wooden counter ideal for a drink.
- Captain Nemo Underwater Lounge – This underwater lounge is equipped with thick glass portholes allowing the observation of sea life and the ocean bottom when the ship is anchored.
- The Navigation Bridge is always open for watching the sailors work the winches
- Lookout stations that provides passengers with panoramic views of the ocean
- Brand g’s signature entertainment
- Airport transfer from Panama City airport to ship
- Daytime transit of the Panama Canal
- 7 nights cruise accommodation ( LGBT+, Guaranteed Full Ship Charter)
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise
- House wine, all liquor, beer and soft drinks, except premium brands and Champagne
- All-English language on board
- Post-cruise transfer to Oranjestad airport
Highlights and Sightseeing
- The Miraflores Locks museum and visitor center gives engineering enthusiasts a view of the locks in action, as well as presents the history of the canal’s construction.
- Daytime transit of the Panama Canal
- San Blas Islands, an archipelago of more than 370 islands and cays of which fewer than 50 are inhabited
- Cartagena, Colombia a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Romantic Santa Marta, the oldest city in Colombia
- A couple days at sea to feel the wind fill the sails and gently carry you from one gorgeous destination to the next
- Aruba’s endless beaches
- Arrivals: You may arrive to Panama City, Panama (PTY) at anytime on November 20th, or prior. Transfers will be provided to the ship or optional pre-cruise program host hotel.
- Departures: One post cruise transfer will be provided on November 27th. The ship is scheduled to arrive to Oranjestad, Aruba at 8:00 AM and therefore we recommend flights departing Oranjestad (AUA) at 12:30 PM or later. We will transfer you from the Royal Clipper to the Oranjestad Airport or host post cruise hotel. Any further transfers will need to be arranged independently at your own expense.
Along the piers of Balboa, the port marking the Pacific terminus of the Panama Canal, you’ll see yachts from all over the world. Balboa was built to house American administrative headquarters for the Canal and many of the buildings are handsome examples of the American colonial style of the early 1900’s.
Today we take a leisurely cruise through the Panama Canal and get a real-life look at perhaps last century’s greatest engineering achievement… along with its surrounding lush, verdant lands. This testament to human audacity joins the Pacific and Caribbean in the most direct way possible, and is well worth the nearly 20-hour voyage.
The vivid colors of the San Blas Islands are undoubtedly the inspiration for the fanciful birds, fish and animals in brilliant reds, oranges, blues and greens that decorate the intricately appliquéd molas created by the indigenous Kuna women. Strung along the throat of Panama’s dramatically beautiful Kuna Yala coast, the remoteness of these coral atolls protects an independent people who prize their communal culture with its rich oral history and artistic heritage.
The Royal Clipper offers a traditional and elegant way to see the world. Feel the wind fill the sails and gently carry you from one gorgeous destination to the next. Use this relaxing day at sea to read a book, get in a workout in the Royal Clipper gym, visit the spa or on board sauna, work on your tan, or simply do nothing and watch the world go by.
Cartagena is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Located on the north coast of Colombia, Cartagena host a spectacular collection of buildings and massive fortifications dating from the early 1600’s. The Fortresses were built to protect Cartagena from pirates. City highlights include Saint Philip of Barajas Fortresses and the Fort Ferdinand Fort.
The oldest city in Colombia, romantic Santa Marta is fringed by beautiful beaches and the stunning mountains of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta range. Ancient ruins take cover in the lush mangrove forests of Tayrona National Park, the perfect spot for a day hike.
During your time on board, you can choose to relax on a sun lounger or cool off in one of the pools on the top deck, while more adventurous passengers may enjoy the opportunity to climb the rigging or even have a go at steering the ship. Alternatively, you can wander the interior areas of the ship and discover relaxing lounges, a revitalising spa (Royal Clipper only) and a peaceful library.
Bon boni means welcome in the local dialect, Papiamento, and it’s universally understood by all who visit little Aruba. Just 15 miles from Venezuela, this almost independent nation still has a ceremonial Dutch Governor General. Once it depended on oil for income, but tourism is the new king. No wonder Aruba’s endless beaches and spectacular diving are too tempting to pass up. After breakfast, disembark and enjoy your included Brand g transfer to the Aruba airport, or to a local hotel to extend your stay.
Check more availability and prices here.