Join the pride as we embark on a 10-Day South Africa Safari & Tour…
Our journey start at the magical Victoria Falls Hotel, Zimbabwe. The hotel offers a spectacular sight of awe-inspiring beauty and grandeur on the Zambezi River at the point where the river forms the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. Victoria Falls themselves are described by the Kololo tribe, living in the area since the 1800’s, as ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’, which means ‘The Smoke that Thunders’. In more modern terms Victoria Falls is known as the greatest curtain of falling water in the world. From here we continue to one of South Africa’s most luxurious private game reserves in the Sabi Sands – Sabi Sabi. Sabi Sands boarders Kruger National Park, but as a private game reserve offers more spectacular views of the Big Five and other wildlife. Our next stop is Cape Town, where we will find the Table Mountain and amazing Atlantis Ocean views. Cape Town not only gives you a sense of modern Africa, but we also include tours to the Wine Country as well as the Cape of Good Hope. Thanksgiving Dinner will be at a private Wine Estate and our farewell dinner on the last night will be at sunset overlooking Cape Town from a different wine estate.
Experience the best of South Africa in a luxurious and unique way. Enjoy a cabled car riding to summit to the top of Table Mountain, step back in time and re-live the magic and majesty of another era at Selati Camp, and never miss the fun with safari activities or game drives, with the best of amenities and selected beverages.
We have carefully selected our lodgings to give you a sense of Africa through different eras. We will take you from a colonial style and atmosphere to Africa at the time of the Rail Roads and an “Out of Africa” style camp as well as a “Versace” style lodge in the wild. Our finish is at a 5-star luxury hotel that in 2018 was ranked by Condé Nast Traveler (US) Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 – ranked #30 in ‘The Best Hotels in the World’
and ranked #8 in ‘Top Hotels in Africa’.
VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL
The internationally acclaimed Victoria Falls Hotel is set in acres of private gardens and were established in 1904. For over 90 years visiting members of Royal families, Heads of State, celebrities, authors, journalists, and poets, have preferred to stay at the Victoria Falls Hotel where they seek total privacy, comfort, and care.
All rooms are well appointed, cool, and comfortable – each room is air-conditioned, with every modern amenity. The beautifully appointed Edwardian swimming pool, surrounded by lush gardens and exotic trees, give total privacy.
To visit Selati Camp is to travel back in time. Small, exclusive, and brimming with history, colonial elegance and African legend, the camp is perched near the historic Selati Railway line after which it was named.
Nights at Selati are quiet, intimate and possess a rare magic. Many say it is the hand of Selati’s namesake, the legendary female chief of the ancient Thubela tribe, others, the gentle glow of the lamps. Whatever it is, it has made Selati Camp an essential pilgrimage for romantic souls everywhere.
Fashioned in the colonial, ‘Out of Africa’ style, Selati nestles under majestic Acacia Trees lining the Msuthlu River. Situated between the Sabie and Sand Rivers, Selati lies on an animal migration path, with game traversing between the Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand Reserve. This daily search for water and food is an ancient rhythm and here it happens right around you as you sip your sundowner or wake to a dawn chorus of hundreds of bushveld birds.
Earth Lodge is a sanctuary. Uniquely so, as it is for both humans and animals. For the former it is a retreat to the wilderness. For the latter, part of a vast conservation known as Sabi Private Game Reserve.
The lodge’s organic architecture is completely respectful of the environment. Whilst submerged in nature, its size and form never intrude on its magnificent host. The entire lodge features an unusual, unadorned finish that has blended natural elements such as straw, stone, and pigment into the cement plaster. The natural bush vegetation that grows right up to the lodge building further enhances this natural feel.
The style of the unique architecture ‘Earth Shelter Architecture’ takes inspiration from the Middle Ages, where the buildings are excavated into the slopes of the site, and the sand and plants are put back onto the roofs. The result is what has been coined by a visiting conservationist ‘the most ecologically-sensitively-designed lodge in Africa.’ The buildings merge so well into the landscape, they are virtually invisible.
It is this respect for the land that Earth Lodge’s culture imparts to its guests. Along with its legendary Sabi Sabi Big Five safaris, the lodge’s purpose is to let nothing stand in your way in re-kindling your bonds with earth.
ONE & ONLY CAPE TOWN
Nestled within a natural amphitheater shaped by the vertical cliffs of Devil’s Peak and Lion’s Head sits Cape Town in all its coastal glory. Here, commanding an enviable spot in the city’s fashionable Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, is One & Only Cape Town, overlooking the marina with panoramic views of Table Mountain. An urban chic waterfront resort with unprecedented levels of luxury, One & Only is a place of friendly calm and gracious hospitality for all. All rooms have expansive views of the private Marina or the surrounding mountain
PRE-TOUR OPTION OKAVANGO DELTA (CAMP MOREMI)
NOVEMBER 14 – 15, 2023
November 14 – 15, 2023
- Light aircraft transfer Maun Airport to the lodge.
- Stay for 2 nights at Camp Moremi, in a Tented Suite on a wood platform, with over head fan, including the following:
- Accommodation, scheduled activities and laundry service
- All meals, refreshments, local spirits, and wines
- National Park fees and all government levies and taxes.
- An elegant, elevated thatch structure serves as the main building, comprising the main sitting area, wildlife reference library, dining room and cocktail bar, inviting a true sense of the African wilderness.
- Other facilities include a swimming pool with sundeck and thatched boma where brunch and high tea are served.
- Accommodating just twenty-four guests in newly refurbished African-style safari tents, each individually sited on a raised teak platform with private end-suite facilities and viewing deck, most offering unsurpassed views of the Xakanaxa lagoon.
- Game drives in open 4×4 vehicles, both in the morning and afternoon, offer frequent sightings of lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, buffalo and a variety of the animal, bird and plant species which inhabit the area.
- Alternatively, guests can explore the Xakanaxa Lagoon and surrounding Okavango Delta channels by motorboat.
November 16, 2023
- Light aircraft transfer to Kasane, with a road transfer to Victoria Falls to meet up with the main group
- Light aircraft seat-in charter transfers as stated. Please note that luggage is limited to 20 kg soft bags, including hand luggage.
- Departure tax from Maun.
- Accommodation in Suites with inclusions as stated in the itinerary.
- Visa fees.
- Commercial flights.
- $3,295.00 per person Double Occupancy
- Single Supplement – 70% of Double Occupancy price
Accommodation in the following room types:
- Victoria Falls Hotel – Signature Deluxe Stable Wing
- Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge – Suite
- Sabi Sabi Selati – Suite
- One & Only Cape Town – Suite
Inclusions at Sabi Sabi:
- All meals
- Soft drinks, selection of house wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Teas and coffees
- Refreshments on game drives
- Morning and afternoon scheduled safari activities
- 1-hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability)
- Conservation fees
- Transfers and touring by air-conditioned vehicles.
- Entrance fees for touring as per itinerary.
- Park fees during Vic Falls excursions.
- Meals as stated.
- Sunset canapes and welcome drink at De Grendel Estate on 28 November. – Other drinks at the estate will be for own account.
- Gratuities (tips) to drivers, guides, game rangers and lodge staff.
- All flights.
- All expenses of a personal nature, such as telephone calls, purchases, etc. Meals other than stated under inclusions.
- Visa fees.
- Travel Insurance.
- All other services not stipulated above.
Luxury Sunset Cruise
We start with a morning guided Tour of the
magnificent Victoria Falls, included a 25-
minute helicopter flight over Falls where
columns of spray can be seen from miles
away as, at the height of the rainy season,
more than five hundred million cubic meters
of water per minute plummet over the edge,
over a width of two kilometres, into a gorge
over one hundred meters below.
Transfer to Airport / Flight to Nelspruit
Transfer to Kruger National Park
Overnight at Selati Camp
Staying at Selati Camp with morning and
afternoon Game Drives, optional Walking
Safaris after breakfast, pampered with
snacks and selected Beverages.
Laundry Services Available.
Last day at Selati Camp with Morning and
Afternoon Game Drives, optional walking
Safaris after Breakfast, snacks, and
selected Beverages. Laundry Service
2 Nights’ Accommodations Earth Lodge
Morning and Afternoon Game Drives
Optional Walking Safaris after Breakfast
Snacks / Selected Beverages
Laundry Service Available
Transfer to Kruger International Airport /
Nelspruit or Skukuza Airport for commercial
Flight to Cape Town where we will have a
Meet & Greet at Arrival
Table Top Mountain / RT Cable Car Ride to
Short City Orientation en route to hotel
Evening at Leisure
Full Day Tour of the Cape Winelands with
Wine tastings at several Vineyards. We will
have a picnic lunch at the Warwick Estates
and Thanksgiving Dinner at the luxurious
Delaire Graff Winery.
Tour Cape Peninsula, Cape of Good Hope
Nature Reserve Funicular Ride to the
Summit. We visit the Penguin Colony at
Bouders Beach Simons Town
Lunch at Two Oceans Restaurant near
Simons Town. We return to the hotel around
16:00 to prepare for dinner. Early evening
transfer to Green Point for inter-active
drumming and set menu dinner with
entertainment at the Gold Restaurant.
Spend the Day at Leisure or on an optional
Excursion such as Robben Island or Diving
with the Great White Sharks.
Farewell Dinner at the award-winning wine
estate of De Grendel for the farewell dinner
with a magnificent view of Cape Town at
Itinerary may be subject to change due to weather conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
$12,995.00 per person Double Occupancy
Single Supplement – 70% of Double Occupancy price
Receive a 5% discount if Paid-In-Full by cash, cheque, or wire transfer. Receive an additional $250 off if you book by March 31, 2022.